One thing I love about being a Mum and a Blogger, is getting to discover some amazing new brands and small businesses that are just doing their thing and doing it well. So when I was asked if I’d like to take a look at some of the collection from Goose and Friends, written and illustrated by Laura Wall, I was intrigued as it wasn’t a character I’d heard of before.
As soon as I opened the package, I was hit with the bright colours and beautiful illustrations and it was impossible not to get excited. My toddler daughter was itching to get her hands on the books too, so Goose and Friends have obviously got something right…
Goose and Friends – a new character you’ll want to discover
You’ll see from the video that I barely got a look in – the Goose and Friends books are so inviting, you can’t help but pick them up and get stuck in! Personally, me and Flo love anything animal or farm related, so Sophie and her friend Goose, are the perfect characters to fall in love with and follow on their adventures.
With our book bundle, we received a Goose soft toy too and I think this really helped Flo immerse herself in the story as she could play along with her very own Goose as I read aloud. So much fun!
I say it in the video, but genuinely, the colours and illustrations are so beautiful – Laura Wall really is a talented lady and in-tune with what children love visually. The books are a great length too. I find it hard getting the right book for Flo, who’s nearly two and a half, because some are way too short and basic and are over before you know it, then others are too long and her attention span can’t keep up. These books are just right, with a good amount of text but not too much story. They are advertised as suitable for 0-6 year olds and I think this is right: the illustrations and colours are great for when they’re little and not really into the text yet and then as they get a bit older and into storytime, you can start to read aloud.
Goose and Friends Bundle Give-away
Well I can’t just tell you how amazing Goose and Friends is and expect you to believe me without seeing for yourself can I?
Well the lovely team over at Goose and Friends have kindly sent me an extra bundle of books and a Goose soft toy to give away to one of my lovely readers. The bundle of books contains:
- Goose goes to the Zoo
- Goose on the Farm
- Wild Goose
It really is a lovely set for your little ones to enjoy and we thought it’d be a great pick-me-up for to be the “January blues” too!
How do you win?
Well, I wanted to keep this as simple as possible, so thought I’d do a simple ReTweet or ReGram competition.
All you have to do, to be in with a chance of winning this lovely Goose and Friends bundle is:
- Head on over to HollyGoesLightly on Twitter and gimme a follow
- Like and Retweet the pinned Goose and Friends post
- Also give Goose and Friends Twitter a follow too
That’ll give you one entry!
- Head on over to HollyGoesLightly on Instagram and gimme a follow
- Like and ReGram the Goose and Friends post (don’t forget to tag me in it so I know!) with #HGLgooseandfriends
- Tag your friends in the comments of my post for additional entries (as many as you’d like!)
- Also give Goose and Friends Instagram a follow too
For a bonus entry (and so I’ll love you forever), please subscribe to my Youtube channel.
A winner will then be picked at random from all the entries. Go on, give it a go, it’ll make your week if you get these 🙂
Ts and Cs
- The competition will run from Sunday 28th January 2018 until Sunday 4th February 2018
- The entry deadline will be 9pm GMT on Sunday 4th February 2018
- You can enter the competition as many times as you like via the channels detailed above
- The winner will be chosen at random and announced on Tuesday 6th February 2018 via my social media channels
- The winner will be contacted via DM on either Twitter or Instagram, depending on their method of entry
- The bundle will be posted to a UK postal address within 7 days of the competition winner confirming their details
- No cash alternative will be given